Saturday, July 17, 2010

1982 Seymour Duncan "Stack" Noise Cancelling Electric Guitar Pickup

When you play a Stratocaster guitar in the recording studio, you can either live with the noise from the single-coil pickup, or carve a bigger hole in the guitar and put in a humbucker. I never liked carving up vintage guitars. So I've developed a noise-cancelling pickup that fits right into the existing pickup hole in your guitar. I call it the Stack. The Stack duplicates the complex and distinctive harmonics of the Stratocaster, without the noise, because it preserves the narrow, sharply-focused magnetic field of the single coil. Those harmonics disappear when you change to a regular humbucker, because the wide double magnetic field results in the typical warm smooth humbucker sound instead of the Strat sound. By stacking two coils around one row of staggared magnets, I've cancelled the noise but kept the pure harmonics. Now I can take my strat into the studio without engineers getting on my back...

1982 Seymour Duncan "Stack" Noise Cancelling Electric Guitar Pickup Ad available at www.GuitarPulp.com





No comments:

Blog Archive